Beta Test Plan
Jan 27, 2004
In order simplify the testing that our beta customers do, here is a list of the testing we have done prior to this release.
- PeerSec httpReflector (Linux, Windows)
- Mbedthis AppWeb (Linux, Windows)
- Blocking and non-blocking sockets tested
- Microsoft IE 6 (Windows 2K, XP)
- Mozilla 1.6 (Linux, Windows)
- Opera 7 (Windows)
- OpenSSL s_client 0.9.7c (Linux, Windows)
- OpenSSL s_time 0.9.7c (Linux, Windows)
- Linux (RedHat 9, gcc 3.2.2)
- Microsoft Windows (2K & XP, Visual Studio .NET)
- Debug and Release builds
- OpenSSL generated certificates and private keys were tested.
- 3DES encrypted private keys tested.
- 1024 and 2048 bit RSA keys.
- Multiple certificates in a single file are not supported
Cipher Suites and Protocol Levels
- All combinations of cipher suites: RC4-MD5, RC4-SHA and DES-CBC3-SHA
- 1024 and 2048 bit RSA keys
- Tested negotiation to best cipher suite with multiple clients
- Verified correct error sent if negotiating to SSLv2 and TLS-only
- Successful parsing of SSLv2 ClientHello and negotiating down to SSLv3 from TLS
- Overnight testing using OpenSSL s_time SSL tests on Linux and Windows.
- Verification of zero memory growth during longevity testing
- Used the following for longevity testing:
openssl s_time -connect 'ip':4433 -www / -time 'seconds' -cipher 'cipher' -ssl3